http://vancouvergamingguild.com
June 25, 2017, 03:33:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Blogs Forum Help Rules Search Calendar Tags Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for experienced D&D player to join our group (with delicious benefits!)  (Read 271 times)
Maegwin
Initiate

Games: D&D, Pathfinder, Apocalypse World
GM or Player?: Player
VGG Membership: Yes

Awards
« on: April 25, 2017, 10:40:16 AM »

I belong to a group of five players between the ages of 22 and 45 looking for a gamer who would be comfortable playing an advanced D&D character in a 5th edition game.

My group will be losing one of our regular players in June (who is moving back East with his family) and so we have started canvassing for a replacement. We are looking for somebody who can commit to one game a week (typically Sunday). Life intervenes sometimes, and we get that, but our group comes with perks! Some standard. Some unusual.

1. We have not one, not two, but THREE talented bakers in the group who spoil us rotten.
2. We have a brewer of authentic ginger beer, root beer, and other grogs in the group.
3. We have a published writer for Wizards of the Coast who DMs the sessions for our group.
4. We have a reliable location to play (Kitsilano/Kerrisdale area) near multiple sources of gourmet and junk food.
5. We make sure everybody gets a ride home if they don't own transportation, but are frequently picked up as well.

This group loves to role-play and prefers story to rules. We follow the rules to the best of our ability, but rarely check at the table (if we can help it). Cooperative storytelling is encouraged and narrative flow is everything!

If you are interested and it sounds like we might be a good fit in your schedule, let me know. I hope to hear from you soon.

Sarah/Zuma the Scorching Blade
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 08:45:07 PM by Maegwin » Logged

Ticticboom
Initiate

Games: RP Games
GM or Player?: Player
VGG Membership: No

Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 06:40:58 PM »

Greetings,

Sounds right up my alley but I best share some things.

I am older *turn 50 this month* and been playing since well, lets just say I bought the basic set when it was new to the shelves.
I am with the Navy working in North Vancouver and do have a family in Victoria that I go back and  visit  once a month or so. Plus work pulls me away now and then. I would not be able to make every single Sunday.

I am new to 5e but have been reading and watch critical role on G&S and the system seems easy enough to pick up.

Been thinking and researching a few interesting character backgrounds and such and I am itching to play.

I don't bake, I don't brew and I might start out a bit shy until settled in but the art of RP is something I most certainly enjoy. 

Let me know if you have other questions or the fact I cannot make every Sunday is an issue, I will look for a game elsewhere.

Cheers

Ted/Ticticboom Gnomish Tinker
"now would be a good time to run.. tick tick tick"
Tags:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: