http://vancouvergamingguild.com
October 21, 2014, 03:19:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Blogs Forum Help Rules Search Calendar Tags Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for 1 or 2 players. 4th Edition game in Burnaby, currently 16th level.  (Read 1280 times)
Lord Zardoz
Initiate

Games: Dungeons and Dragons 4e
GM or Player?: GM
VGG Membership: Yes

Awards
« on: November 04, 2012, 12:10:30 AM »

I am currently running a 4th edition D&D game. 

Current party level is 16. 
Game is held on Sunday's from noon until about 5 or 6 pm.
The party is currently most of the way into the Revenge of the Giants adventure.  Campaign also involves the 4th Edition Tomb of Horrors adventure, and other elements pulled directly from my ass.

Game is held roughly here in Burnaby:

http://goo.gl/maps/6eH1Q

If your looking for a heavily narrativist DM with a great deal of effort put into maintaining immersion, then this is NOT the game you want to join.

I have a pool of 4 PC's.  It used to be 5 but one of them got a job that pays more than showing up to the game.  Another player has also had life get in the way of gaming.  (before you get your hopes up, the pay rate for showing up to my game is roughly $0).

I run my game with a 'rule of 3'.  I will run the game if I can get any 3 players to show up.  Combat encounters are scaled to be managable for the total number of players present.  Players absent in game simply do not have that PC show up in that sessions encounters.  No attempt is made to explain character absence in game.  The party levels up in lockstep.  There are backstory elements that are possibly important, but those will be brought up or not as needed. 

The reason for the rule of 3 is simple.  Most games seem to die off when it cannot be run due to players not being able to show up and the game not happening for too long.  With a pool of 5 players, I get 3 of you to show up often enough that the game does not grind to a halt.

At this time I am willing to take on two more players.

I am also not a fan of the Essentials materials and the assumption is that if its a Dragon Magazine feat or class I disallow it.

On the plus side I have been running this campaign since June of 2010 and the players seem to keep showing up for the past two years.  Maybe I am doing something right.

END COMMUNICATION

Lord Zardoz
Initiate

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 12:14:05 AM »

Oh, one last detail.  No Minors.  The age range of the current group is early 20's to mid 30's.  It tends to look suspicous when a bunch of middle aged guys start hanging around with teens.  I do not need that kind of complication in my life.

END COMMUNICATION
Lord Zardoz
Initiate

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 08:50:03 PM »

Looks like we have a taker.

If anyone else is interested, let me know.

END COMMUNICATION
Lord Zardoz
Initiate

Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 09:47:39 PM »

Should have mentioned it earlier, but my game is currently full.

END COMMUNICATION
Tags:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: