http://vancouvergamingguild.com
October 30, 2014, 05:58:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Blogs Forum Help Rules Search Calendar Tags Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Players wanted- Pathfinder. Vancouver/Burnaby area.  (Read 2106 times)
Hanuman
Initiate

Love is Strength

Games: DnD/Pathfinder/Shadowrun
GM or Player?: Both!
VGG Membership: Yes

Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2012, 03:16:53 PM »

Your new players may enjoy this site (it's just crystal-keep with a different name) http://chet.kindredcircle.org/
Really fast for skimming through options in non-core.

Personally as a DM I found a lot of cool unfamiliar stuff in the Skills and Actions pdf.

BelligerentEngine
Initiate

Games: Pathfinder
GM or Player?: Player
VGG Membership: No

Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 02:35:20 PM »

Hi Claire,

Thanks for hosting! Session was a lot of fun; lots of laughs and good friendly players =]!

Unfortunately this coming Sunday is my uncles 50th birthday so I will not be able to attend if you are GMing another game.

Just letting you know ahead of time.

-Joe
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 02:45:53 PM by BelligerentEngine » Logged
Glasses
Initiate

Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2012, 05:36:53 PM »

Hi there!

I'd be interested to join as a player if you still have room or have room in the future.
I'm new at the tabletop gaming scene, but have read up and researched quite a bit on 3.5, Pathfinder, and 4e.
Weekends work for me as well.

Thanks!
Ross
Claire
Initiate

Games: Pathfinder, Dungeons and Dragons, Don't Rest Your Head

Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 08:52:05 PM »

Sorry, the group is full at the moment. I'll let you know if this changes.

Located in Bunaby, interested in Pathfinder, D&D (mainly 3.5), and Don't Rest Your Head.
Claire
Initiate

Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2012, 09:03:50 AM »

Right, so for the past two weeks, all or most of the group has cancelled and I haven't been able to run any further sessions of the campaign.

What this means for you guys is that you haven't missed anything, so don't worry about having fallen behind if you show up this week. Also, though, if I don't get enough players to continue the game this Sunday, I'm going to have to cancel the game entirely. I was hoping to finish the plot by Christmas and I simply won't have time to if we don't start playing ASAP.

So basically, show up this Sunday or don't bother showing at all.

Located in Bunaby, interested in Pathfinder, D&D (mainly 3.5), and Don't Rest Your Head.
BelligerentEngine
Initiate

Games: Pathfinder

Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2012, 05:16:39 PM »

Hi Claire,

I already committed to going to my brother's Grey Cup party. My apologies since I hadn't heard anything from the group I kind of assumed it had already broken up.

Regardless that was my mistake for not double checking. Sorry I wasn't able to participate I had basically nothing going on Sundays up until just this past month so I figured they'd be free.

Odd how life works out. Thanks for your time and for gming.

-Joe
LordRoyal
Initiate

Games: AD&D
GM or Player?: GM

Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2012, 01:33:39 AM »

Right, so for the past two weeks, all or most of the group has cancelled and I haven't been able to run any further sessions of the campaign.

What this means for you guys is that you haven't missed anything, so don't worry about having fallen behind if you show up this week. Also, though, if I don't get enough players to continue the game this Sunday, I'm going to have to cancel the game entirely. I was hoping to finish the plot by Christmas and I simply won't have time to if we don't start playing ASAP.

So basically, show up this Sunday or don't bother showing at all.

I'm curious whether or not the game is over and you'll start a new one in the new year? I've been wanting to join a game for some time.
Claire
Initiate

Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2012, 02:05:57 AM »

Unfortunately, I am moving out of the province after Christmas, which is why I wanted to get the campaign done by then. Sorry! I wish you the best of luck in finding a game to join. Hanuman says that he might try DMing where I left off in January, you could try talking to him.

The current game is still running (for 2 more weeks). For the folks who are still involved, same time, same place, this sunday.

Hanuman
Initiate

Love is Strength

Games: DnD/Pathfinder/Shadowrun

Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2013, 03:57:21 PM »

Hi, sorry a lot of hectic things were happening and it's all calmed down now, I've moved into a perfect house in north burnaby on loheed, it has cool roomates, big yards, a big forest on our property, and a well dnd/pathfinder-developed rec room.

Great campaign claire and great DMing, unfortunate that it had to end.

I'll be running a campaign pretty soon at my space, because of the timing, location and how odds and ends people can be it'll probably be a drop-in campaign where regular play is encouraged but I'll run it somewhat like shadowrun so if people have obligations that it doesn't interfere with the game, and have about 6 players ideally.

Details:
NORTH BURNABY
PATHFINDER + 3.5 + HOMEBREW FRIENDLY
15 POINTBUY
META-GAME COOPERATIVE
IN-GAME LIMITED PVP

Bio:
I know a fair bit about the game, my grid rules are a bit spotty so I try to make combat as inventive as possible rather than statistically complicated.
Power-gaming, min-maxing, RAW-lawyering and ect. are not problems, I will never "rocks fall you die" a character nor will I be vindictive to players for meta-game instance.
The more powerful or prepared a party is the more inventive I will try and make the problems that arise, it's not necessary to be powerful or prepared to play, but it's actually encouraged to be more resourceful as a campaign is more interesting when I can throw multi-faceted dilemmas at a party and have them resolved as part of an over-arch.
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: