http://vancouvergamingguild.com
July 19, 2018, 07:52:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home Blogs Forum Help Rules Search Calendar Tags Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anybody Playing Dark Heresy ?  (Read 1624 times)
Opsmed
Brother

Awards
« on: May 22, 2008, 11:04:30 AM »

Hi all

Just curious if anyone has given this a try ? I picked up the rule book and it looks like fun, but haven't found anyone to give it a try with yet.

Any opinions or experiences with it ?

Dr Cohen
White Ape
Grand Master

Fire, walk with me

GM or Player?: GM
VGG Membership: Yes

Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 04:30:32 PM »

I've played a few sessions of it and have been happy so far.  If you like the d20 power curve you might be disappointed, as players don't seem to progress as quickly or get as powerful.

However, the system is pretty easy to wrap your head around.  From my group I was the only one with any experience with the system (from Warhammer Fantasy) but the others picked up the combat rules and skill tests pretty fast, and encounters were generally resolved quickly with minimal fuss.  We only had one rule throw us a curve that stopped the action, and it turned out to be a typo after consulting the Intertubes. 

The careers seems to be a love/hate thing, I prefer this iteration over the Fantasy one since it makes for a more logical progression (in my opinion).  Combat can be very deadly, so GMs should be mindful about that to avoid the Total Party Wipe. 

All your kin have all gone on to
Fields all bathed in sun.
And the only thing left in your possession
Is an empty bottle and a gun.
warcraftgames
Initiate

GM or Player?: Both!

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 12:56:49 PM »

Hey Opsmed, long time no see!  It's Matt, (formerly of the Comicshop) I think that you would like the Dark Heresy game, it's gritty with not a loot of room for bad planning on the part of the players.  In fact you'd get a kick out of our game (I'm in the same game as Dr.Cohen) because we have had some run ins with the Fallen Angels already!  Where are you living these days, I know you were in the Maple Ridge area for a while but that was about 4 years ago I guess!

Regards,
M@

---------------------------------------------
     Warcraft Interactive Hobies
           33232 1st. Avenue
                Mission, B.C.
               604-826-5181
---------------------------------------------
Steel Rabbit
Brother

Carmin

Games: AD&D, D&D, CofD, WFRP, DCC, MC

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 10:51:49 PM »

I think Dark Heresy's fantastic! My group just finished a DH campaign and it was everything I love about the 40K universe. Terrifying, gritty, gothic, and dangerous. The best part about it is that the rules, themselves, convey that mood. Even with all this D&D business I'm excited to see what the Inquisitor's Handbook has in it.

Gangore
White Ape
Grand Master

GM or Player?: Both!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 03:30:17 PM »

Last!
raymondo
Initiate

Games: sonic

Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 12:59:07 AM »

I think Dark Heresy's fantastic! My group just finished a DH campaign and it was everything I love about it. Terrifying, gritty, gothic, and dangerous. The best part about it is that the rules, themselves, convey that mood. Even with all this D&D business I'm excited to see what the Inquisitor's Handbook has in it.
I like it too!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 10:57:38 AM by raymondo » Logged
Tags:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Vancouver Gaming Guild Forum will be closing for good as of August 31st/2017. So long and thanks for all the fish!